Vindictus Europe
Hi and welcome, please read the new announcements if there are any. If not, enjoy your stay! ~Daniël.
Vindictus Europe
Hi and welcome, please read the new announcements if there are any. If not, enjoy your stay! ~Daniël.
Vindictus Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum for Vindictus Europe.

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics??

Go down 
+2
Exedo
imageflow
6 posters
AuthorMessage
imageflow

imageflow

Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics?? Empty
PostSubject: Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics??   Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics?? EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 1:21 am

Let's take it back to the science study
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In Vindictus there has been this hype about the game being the first hack and slash pyhsics based game! See Dev Cat(The team that works with Nexon) updated and rendered Valve's source engine to create a game with interactive landscapes and gruesome battles!

You might be like scratch . But trust me once you hear the rest you'll be all What a Face . Tee~Hee

Okay Cool Physics Fact 1! afro

See in other games you can edit a characters height, maybe for fun, or maybe you want your character to look big and menacing...
But in VINDICTUS if you have a taller character:
- Your range increases
- Your power increases, due to longer swings!
- Your att.speed decreases to due having longer limbs.
AND if you have a smaller character:
- Your range isn't as much
- Your power is not as strong, since your limbs aren't as long Sad
- But your freaking att at the speed of light

MADNESS!affraid

Okay Cool Physics Fact 2! afro

THE FUCKIN WALLS AND STUFF BREAK!!
HOW AWESOME!! AND WAIT... I CAN USE A BROKEN WALL PIECE TO FREAKIN PWN A MONSTER!
HOLY SHIT... WITH ITS DEAD BODY I CAN PICK IT UP AN PWN ANOTHER MOSTER!!!.... *faint*
....*jizz*

Okay that would be the reaction of a noob... >___>
But yeah, the landscapes are interactive, and can be used to kill enemies or partially stun bosses.

DUN DUN DUN!
*EPIC MUSIC* Shocked

Okay Cool Physics Fact 3! afro

See, in other games there have been times where you slash a monster at his torso... and blood splurts from his legs? Okay then... >___>

See in Vindictus! Slash a monster at his torso, and blood splurts everywhere, from his torso!!!!

Also, as you may already know! Vindictus uses spears and chains as secondary weapons during fights. See a spear when thrown at a boss will stun it momentarily, allowing other characters to deal some serious damage and quickly run away when the boss gets back up! ANd the spear that you throw... stays right inside the bosses body!!! (unless you throw another one, then the other one disappers O___O)

Also when you throw a chain at a boss, it grabs on, and allows you to restrain a bosses movements!
Another smart point is that if you aim at the bosses legs, it allows you to floor the boss, giving another chance for other members of the party to deal some fucking damage!!

Well that's all I got for now! Please tell me if I missed out anything Smile
Back to top Go down
http://imtrulyme.tumblr.com
Exedo

PostSubject: Re: Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics??   Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics?? EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 6:59 pm

yeah physics are really awesome I tried out Vindictus myself, you actually cant lift some pieces of pillars, pots, wood if you don't have enough strength. Only slight move to left or right could save you from being hit, you actually can kill boss without being hit once. Armor breaks of if you're taking to many hits and you're left with only little broken pieces only thats left - looks awesome. Campfires actualyy asks for some wood to put in. You can break off some bosses armor piece and get bonus item like helm or special mat piece needed to make epic item. Also if you dont have enough certain armor skill the armor weighs too much for you and inside the dungeon you speed, attack speed and stamina regeneration is decreased. For example if you're a lann your weight limmit is 200~ this is enough to wear full light armor set and yet still you need to learn some light armor skill or enchant your gear to make it lighter. Same with weapons learning skill of it and enchanting it will decrease weight and increase damage(probably I have doubts bout skill learning, theres other skill for attack power called ''combat smth..'')

If you're hitting monster it wont attack you as it feels pain and as your attacks are pretty fast you can complete dungeons without taking a one hit. It work differently with bosses as your hit are really low compared to simple trash mobs, you can only stun boss with high damages like spear, bomb and some of your skills can stun them.

Oh and the fishing Very Happy you're actually fishing with a harpoons well theyar not really a harpoons but rather look like crossbow fitted on your hand that has rope mechanism.... so yeha anyway you have to aim at swimming by fishes shoot the harpoon that them and if you didt miss you throw fish or chest (yeah some fishes are actually chests it sucks ik it usually has junk in it but it may actually contain an armor piece, or useful mat) on to the deck, then you have to finish it with ninja punch or smth if your mellee char (I only played as mellee, evie finishes of fish differently)

what else... oh if you're playin as fiona your shield can breakas well. Shield is very important for Fiona as she blocks attacks without receiving any damage and even can counter attack after block when they learned the skill. So to get to the point when shiled breaks you actually receive some damage when you block (depending on your skill level) but damage is not full as you still hold shield its just broken.

So yea that about it for other random(sorry bout it) physic facts(I suppose) in Vindictus. I may have missed something but yeah I hope its interesting and somewhat helpful.
Back to top Go down
imageflow

imageflow

PostSubject: Re: Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics??   Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics?? EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 9:40 pm

to be honest, this game is just beautiful, i really can't wait to get on and start playing, i haven't proxied onto the NA server because i didnt want to play this game with any lag, and yet i know so much about the game. I freakin researched this game man, first game i ever did that for, i cant wait to start playing the eu server.!!
Back to top Go down
imageflow

imageflow

PostSubject: Re: Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics??   Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics?? EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 9:40 pm

oh and welcome to the forum, this seems like your first post!
Back to top Go down
Exedo

PostSubject: Re: Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics??   Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics?? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 12:28 pm

lol thanks ;D actually im eX3Do got few posts of mine. Can't seem to be able to log in with eX3Do now so I made new user.

Well I'll say this, if you got nice computer and able to launch game with high specs and choose right IP for proxy you wont have any lags. Playing solo dont even require nice IP. Dungeons uses your network to maintain it, so if you play solo its like playing one player game its just drop exp and ap that being recorded. (now when I think about it is hella hackable... anyway). But if you launch a boat and want to gather some ppl into a party it may lagg if IP sucks as you are the host and everyone connects to you. Its called PTP (peer to peer) if I recall it correctly. You can avoid it by joining others boats with high latency thing and have no lags... Latency thing is shown in boat as bars next to players name, something like on your mobile phone, you know to see how good your connection is.

My computer sucks ass so I don't get the full experience of the game and feel like quitting now, also some grinding encoured, though I think I'd give EU server a try.
I'd recommend to try Vindictus to anyone who's waiting for it. You do make lot's of mistakes at first, which you only realise latter on. So when you start the real thing (EU server) you wouldn't make any mistakes have advantage against another players, fluent gameplay and if you realise you dont like Vindictus don't even bother waiting for it as you'd be disappointed when it actually launches.
I personally liked it but cuz of my PC I'm not quite able to enjoy it enough. High specs does give alot.

Well if you want to know something else about the game feel free to pm me I'll answer all I can.

I think I'll play AION with friends for time being, as they got no interest in Vindictus cuz there's no pvp.

Sorry for being somewhat *coth* of topic ^^
Back to top Go down
Gavener

Gavener

PostSubject: Re: Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics??   Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics?? EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 10:19 am

Ya its like no other game i ever played, and i started playing Game from Atarai back in the 80's

Great game really, i really hope you bloke's get it around Dec 30th

TIP:

DO not pick the default hair unless you really like it, 90% of the Server is the default Hair and color, pick anything but Blond for Lann haha everyone is a Blond.

CB hair is +7 LUK
OB and Live isnt +7 its +0
and if you get CB hair and its not defult you get both, liek my Lann has hair image 2 and when i want i can take it off and have the default as well.
Back to top Go down
VinZent

VinZent

PostSubject: Re: Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics??   Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics?? EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 10:25 am

Good to know, thank you Very Happy
(What about Fiona? Everyone blonde?)
Back to top Go down
Gavener

Gavener

PostSubject: Re: Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics??   Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics?? EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 10:27 am

VinZent wrote:
Good to know, thank you Very Happy
(What about Fiona? Everyone blonde?)

A lot are but fiona is hot no matter, Lann is the biggest first character most make so you see a lot of him, he is flashy duel weilder so ya.
Back to top Go down
VinZent

VinZent

PostSubject: Re: Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics??   Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics?? EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 10:33 am

That is the main cons of havin so less choosing about the character, somethin that one could blame with no end I'm afraid to say, but I'm ok with that, because well, for me it seems that every character is greatly defined in appearance and importance.

And i bet Nexon will continue working on them even after Kai release.
Back to top Go down
Gavener

Gavener

PostSubject: Re: Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics??   Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics?? EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 10:47 am

Ya when you make your character you get like 10 hair choices and 8 colors, i can go on, on the option of character creation, but i dont want to get in trouble about to much spoiler content
Back to top Go down
VinZent

VinZent

PostSubject: Re: Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics??   Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics?? EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 11:17 am

Compared to C9, is very poor, but I guess intended because, if I'm not wrong, you can choose other styles in CS shop, right?
Back to top Go down
Gavener

Gavener

PostSubject: Re: Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics??   Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics?? EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 1:34 pm

Yes

the Stock is like 8-10 hair choices then like 8 colors

in Cash shop they release new hair's inner armors every so often.

my Evie has Dredd ringlet hair that is reddish orange and jock bra short shorts
Back to top Go down
imageflow

imageflow

PostSubject: Re: Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics??   Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics?? EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 10:24 pm

In this game im gonna use nx to get a good lookin hairstyle
Back to top Go down
Roigul

Roigul

PostSubject: Re: Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics??   Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics?? EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 3:28 am

Problem is, you'll be under such big helmets you won't notice the hair
But even if you hide the helmet, you're too busy smashing kobolds ect. :LL
Back to top Go down
Gavener

Gavener

PostSubject: Re: Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics??   Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics?? EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 6:00 pm

To be Honest, the best time to get custom Hair and Inner Armor, Avatar stuff is when you star at Level 1, at higher levels the Armor seems to cover more and more, so yes buying Hiar for 1.90 dollars and Inner Armor 2.90-5.90 dollars for 30 days isnt as useful cause you wont see it, and sens this game has the Armor breaks and ripes off you rill in tatted armor and underwear is the best time.

im buying it at Lv 30+ wasnt as fun as when your level 3 with mismatched armor.
Back to top Go down
deekaabee

deekaabee

PostSubject: Re: Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics??   Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics?? EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 6:28 pm

It might be worth it now, but when the europe sever comes out...
you will lose all of the data that you have in a NA server right????
Back to top Go down
imageflow

imageflow

PostSubject: Re: Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics??   Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics?? EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 9:59 pm

Yh Gavener, when you switch to EU, which is gonna have; less characters, only up to boat 3, probably some bugs, and a whole lot of noobs. Aint that gonna be annoying for you?
Back to top Go down
VinZent

VinZent

PostSubject: Re: Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics??   Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics?? EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 11:58 pm

I'm not new about changin ppl for playing with, man. I'm italian, but I have bad memories about playing with my same country. They seems ok but every time they basically bury your mood because they got high end rigs and you not, they are pro pvpers and you not, they do kiss the ass of the guild leader and you not (ofc forget being promoted or such).

My best time was with a pve only greek guild, tons of fun Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gavener

Gavener

PostSubject: Re: Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics??   Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics?? EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 12:43 am

I'm sure there will be a IP Block so i will just answer question for you guys.

When it went

Super Closed Invite E-mail only Beta ( Didnt play ) 9/xx/2010 Opened maybe Sept 15+

Closed Beta had Key give aways on supported website. ( Played ) 9/xx/2010, Late Sept. like 25+

Open Beta 10/xx/2010 Early Oct.

Live 10/xx/2010

Pretty much how fast the game went.

Tomorrow ill write up a What we got when list.

is that ok with you guys spoilers and help info ?
Back to top Go down
VinZent

VinZent

PostSubject: Re: Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics??   Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics?? EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 1:43 am

Sounds ok for me to spoil up, there is no problem about forum Rules and we could use some infos Very Happy
Back to top Go down
imageflow

imageflow

PostSubject: Re: Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics??   Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics?? EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 2:38 am

Seems fine
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics??   Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Vindictus!! What's all the talks about the Physics??
Page 1 of 1