Vindictus Europe
Hi and welcome, please read the new announcements if there are any. If not, enjoy your stay! ~Daniël.
Vindictus Europe
Hi and welcome, please read the new announcements if there are any. If not, enjoy your stay! ~Daniël.
Vindictus Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum for Vindictus Europe.

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Twin Spear Pwnage or Twin Sword Dodging

Go down 
+2
MrFinepixa
imageflow
6 posters
AuthorMessage
imageflow

imageflow

Twin Spear Pwnage or Twin Sword Dodging Empty
PostSubject: Twin Spear Pwnage or Twin Sword Dodging   Twin Spear Pwnage or Twin Sword Dodging EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 4:50 am

When Vindictus EU finally decides to release i'm most definately making a lann first. I'm obviously going for Twin Spear lann, because their damage just pwns!

What would you go for and why?
Back to top Go down
http://imtrulyme.tumblr.com
MrFinepixa

MrFinepixa

PostSubject: Re: Twin Spear Pwnage or Twin Sword Dodging   Twin Spear Pwnage or Twin Sword Dodging EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 5:53 am

wait for evie and go scythe
cus I'm addicted.
Back to top Go down
imageflow

imageflow

PostSubject: Re: Twin Spear Pwnage or Twin Sword Dodging   Twin Spear Pwnage or Twin Sword Dodging EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 6:09 am

But i gotta make one character right?

Ofcourse i'm making a scythe evie afterwards! THEY PWN!

You seen the new evie revamp on the korean server?
Back to top Go down
szygis

PostSubject: Re: Twin Spear Pwnage or Twin Sword Dodging   Twin Spear Pwnage or Twin Sword Dodging EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 2:26 am

Spear lanns will be probably better because you don't need to dodge that much in XE. Nevertheless I've heard some rumors about sword lanns being stronger and etc. We can't be sure atm.
Back to top Go down
MrFinepixa

MrFinepixa

PostSubject: Re: Twin Spear Pwnage or Twin Sword Dodging   Twin Spear Pwnage or Twin Sword Dodging EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 3:05 am

I've heard u need the sword dodge and/or its really useful on later bosses (idk thought)
I know spear lann wasen't too popular in Irukul raid. (they ended up pushing the rocks instead)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Twin Spear Pwnage or Twin Sword Dodging   Twin Spear Pwnage or Twin Sword Dodging EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 6:16 am

I would go for spear lann, i know his problem with dodging, which was his biggest weakness. He just needs another dodge skill or a larger range that he jumps when dodging, but that is for the normal Vindictus version.... As this is XE it means the bosses get slower so basically Lanns biggest weakness has been erased, that´s why i would go spear lann.
Back to top Go down
WeirdSmile

WeirdSmile

PostSubject: Re: Twin Spear Pwnage or Twin Sword Dodging   Twin Spear Pwnage or Twin Sword Dodging EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 6:28 am

In my opinion, Twin Sword Lanns can be better if they have a good skill build, and good stuff. In other hand, Lann Spears can be also good, but they are, as refered in some postes, harder to dodge.

Well, you can dodge if you know every move of the boss. Usually Twin Spears use the Smash , while running, to dodge.

Lann spears are really good, and with this new Updates (On Vindictus US), they got better.

I'm goin' on Twin Swords. ~~ Don't forget to add me! ~~
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.pt
VinZent

VinZent

PostSubject: Re: Twin Spear Pwnage or Twin Sword Dodging   Twin Spear Pwnage or Twin Sword Dodging EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:27 am

For what I and my friends know, they are not tested in XE. Take this as something NOT FINAL.

Sword Lann -> A very balanced character both on SOLO and PARTY, his two dashes makes him almost invulnerable to monsters. The first gives you invincibility for 0,3 sec, the second allows you to run away fast. His skills are not so strong, that's why I advice you to go for CRIT as soon as you can. Leave defence, your main priority is to do as much gliding fury and lightning fury you can possibly do. Soloing bosses is something to try out, if you are good you can make it, otherwise I highly suggest you to make some good Hidden and try to perfect you dash.

Your second objective is learning to remain closer to the boss, dashing only when he atks, making you invincible the exact same moment as he atks for that 0,3 sec from the first dash. Same identical doing for parties and raids.

In the end, you aren't a DPS nor a TANKER, you are a balanced character that can survive well and doing very good damage at the same time.

Spear Lann -> A very attacking oriented character, dreadful against normal mobs and lower lvl bosses but useless, unless you are a Pro, during higher lvl bosses or Raids. Of course, I'm not talkin about the Polar Bear, but bosses like the Weeping Queen, Irukul or Crocodile. The lack of defence (dashing or parrying) makes him a very challenging class to master. This because yes he has the ATK but he's always a Melee DMG that means you have to be very close to the enemy to efficiently atk. Your first objective is learning to spin (hurricane) in the right way, either with normal monsters and bosses.

The second thing do to is learning to use Gliding Fury with LR LLLR to give you a chance to escape (starting from LV 50). Third priority is defence and Life Flare skill. Leave the crits, as you will have a ton of it with Fury Infusion (at 70 you will reach a minimum of 50 base, with a max of 77 with Fury Infusion).
The more defence you have, the more you last.

-------

I can also say, this class is the first and furthermore the only one, imho, that can go HYBRID because it has not so many skills (and that is definitively a good point, not many skills but all good). I would suggest you to go hybrid when you have at least 25k AP, in other words when you have finished the basic skills. Once hybrid, you can use SPEAR-Transformation for SOLO dungeons, and SWORD for the RAIDS or very difficult bosses.

Using the Hybrid is not easy, especially the first moments, because who is SPEAR will fell the sword to be very slow, and who is SWORD will feel the spear to be very boring and monotonous (they are two different sides of play).

The player can use Chain Hook, that are essentials to say the least.

-------

In the end, I say you can go safe with SWORD and you are strong either whereas there's a risk involved in SPEAR, but if you are good you can make dungeon records (finished in less time). I suggest to start with a heavy armor then go for a plate.
Back to top Go down
WeirdSmile

WeirdSmile

PostSubject: Re: Twin Spear Pwnage or Twin Sword Dodging   Twin Spear Pwnage or Twin Sword Dodging EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:32 am

Well, i'm kinda lazy, so i just read half of the first part xD.

I advice aswell to max CRIT. ASAP! Is the best skill of Lanns for Tactics/Damage.

It's an aweasome combination with Gliding Fury, and if you got that max, + crit rate , which gives your more chances for another Gliding Fury , which means, + Damage . (For that, Gliding Fury must be Rank 9, and you must win Lightning Fury , or something like that).

Oh, and Max Strenght Mastery aswell. That makes the difference between each Lann. Also, you can see the damage at XE Version, so you should see the difference.

~ Hope i helped Very Happy
Back to top Go down
szygis

PostSubject: Re: Twin Spear Pwnage or Twin Sword Dodging   Twin Spear Pwnage or Twin Sword Dodging EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 10:34 pm

there already are guides for both characters. they are quite well made so I don't think there is a need to re-discuss which skills are the most important for lanns and which are not. check vindictus wiki.
Back to top Go down
WeirdSmile

WeirdSmile

PostSubject: Re: Twin Spear Pwnage or Twin Sword Dodging   Twin Spear Pwnage or Twin Sword Dodging EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:32 am

Ahm, you can choose folloing that guides, create your own build, or follow ours.

I've already created 2 Lanns. My main is lvl 67 (Twin Swords) , and the other one is like 34 (Twin Spears) .

I won't follow that guides, 'cause they're complicated aswell. They add alot of info that isn't needed.
Back to top Go down
Cuylaerts

Cuylaerts

PostSubject: Re: Twin Spear Pwnage or Twin Sword Dodging   Twin Spear Pwnage or Twin Sword Dodging EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 7:15 am

I go spear because thats more fun in my opinion.

FUN is the most important thing in games =) not if ur char is good or not ^^
Back to top Go down
MrFinepixa

MrFinepixa

PostSubject: Re: Twin Spear Pwnage or Twin Sword Dodging   Twin Spear Pwnage or Twin Sword Dodging EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 7:35 am

Well imo it's not fun when your char is weak and you can't win.

Thought I think it's quite hard to screw up that bad.
Back to top Go down
WeirdSmile

WeirdSmile

PostSubject: Re: Twin Spear Pwnage or Twin Sword Dodging   Twin Spear Pwnage or Twin Sword Dodging EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 8:54 pm

Twin spears can have a good dodge, if they know what they are doin'.

You can start practicing at the White Tyrant, and than, the next bear (Forgot the name of the BQ :[ ) .
Back to top Go down
imageflow

imageflow

PostSubject: Re: Twin Spear Pwnage or Twin Sword Dodging   Twin Spear Pwnage or Twin Sword Dodging EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 9:20 pm

I'm still gonna go with spears tbh...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twin Spear Pwnage or Twin Sword Dodging   Twin Spear Pwnage or Twin Sword Dodging Empty

Back to top Go down

Twin Spear Pwnage or Twin Sword Dodging
Page 1 of 1